We are often asked if it is safe to use essential oils in homemade toothpaste and for good toothpaste recipes. We have gathered together several different resources for you in this post. There are a few different, yet similar, toothpaste recipes and farther down you will see several links to dental care and tips.
When using homemade toothpaste for children, just as if you are using store bought toothpaste, you need to be certain that if you are adding essential oils to the toothpaste that a child is old enough to spit the toothpaste out and not swallow. (That goes for adults too! Please see the meme below!) When making homemade toothpaste for children, please always be sure to use child safe oils. Spearmint and Orange are good options for little ones. More info on using essential oils safely with children, please see our Children's page here. Using Essential Oils Safely with Children.
If you are pregnant or nursing you also need to take into consideration the safety of the oils which you choose for your toothpaste. More about safely using oils while pregnant or nursing here. Using Essential Oils Safely During Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
- Mommypotamus Homemade Tooth Suds & Toothpaste Recipes
- Mommypotamus Homemade Tooth Powder Recipe
- Wellness Mama Homemade Remineralizing Toothpaste Recipe
- Wellness Mama How to Make Natural Toothpaste
Oral Care Tips & Info
- 3 Easy Ways to Keep Bad Bugs from Growing on Your Toothbrush
- 4 Steps to Help Your Kids Live a Cavity Free Life
- First Step to Whiten Your Teeth Naturally
- How to Get Rid of Bad Breath in 30 Seconds
- How to Make Your Teeth Whiter (without destroying your enamel)
- How to Stop Receding Gums
- Is Baking Soda Safe to Brush with?
- What causes receding gums and how to stop it
- Tooth Whitening – Methods and Differences
- 5 Steps free video series