There are many kinds of pain: arthritis, muscular pain, digestive cramping/pain, PMS cramping, and even growing pains.
Arthritis & Muscular Pain
Some pain is “hot” pain – in which case use “cooling” essential oils to help balance out the hot pain such as:
- Eucalyptus Eucalyptus globulus, Eucalyptus radiata, Eualyptus smithii, etc.for ages 10+ years old
- Peppermint Mentha piperita for ages 6+ years
For “icy” pain, use “warming” essential oils to help provide relief and warm up the area such as:
- Cedarwood (Atlas) Cedrus atlantica
- Ginger Zingiber officinale
Neutral essential oils for pain:
- Helichrysum Helichrysum italicum, Helichrysum angustifolium, Helchrysum stoechas
- Lavender (Bulgarian) Lavandula angustifolia, Lavandula officinalis, Lavandula vera
For stomach upset, Orange (Sweet) Citrus sinensis, Citrus aurantium var sinensis, Citrus aurantium dulcis and Basil (linalool) Ocimum basilicum can be helpful inhaled or applied topically and is safe for all ages.
Growing pains are often the result of lack of magnesium and calcium in growing children. Supplementing with magnesium power like Calm Mag can help. The blog post may be helpful: Natural Remedies For Growing Pains