If you use essential oils topically, you'll want to pay close attention to this info. Using certain essential oils topically with exposure to sun, tanning beds, or other UV light can damage the skin. This kind of phototoxic damage to the skin can be permanent – and painful.
Below you will find links to more information on this topic located inside the UEOS LEARNING CENTER. If you are not a member yet, you can enroll for free here.
- Introduction to phototoxicity
- What is phototoxicity?
- Signs of phototoxicity
- How to avoid phototoxicity
- Essential oils SAFE to use
- Essential oils NOT safe to use
- How to use phototoxicity EOs safely