You can use just plain water as the base, but I prefer using witch hazel (this is a link to the kind I get on amazon, but this same brand is also available at Wal*Mart). The splash of carrier oil (you can choose from the list here) is to add some moisture and dilute the essential oils.
Hand Sanitizer Spray
- 10 drops Sweet Orange essential oil Citrus sinensis, Citrus aurantium
- 14 drops Tea Tree essential oil Melaleuca alternifolia, Melaleuca linariifolia var. alternifolia
- 2 teaspoons carrier oil
- 2 ounces witch hazel (I like to use this one).
This makes a 2% dilution
- Add to a 2 ounce spray bottle (I like to use these).
- Shake well before using.
INFORMATION BOX FOR THIS RECIPE…
- all ages, including children*
- for pregnant women (except the Boswellia papyrifera species of Frankincense)
- for breastfeeding women
* All of the essential oils are safe for use on children, but I would not spritz on the hands of children young enough to suck on their hands – and children this young probably don't need a hand sanitizer.
You can use water instead of witch hazel if you wish.
Craving more knowledge? Learn the benefits of essential oils and what you can use them for, as well as important safety information for the essential oils you use. Available in print book (while supplies last), ebook, and app formats by clicking here, or the image below.