Have questions about this recipe? Please check the information box below the recipe of this post before asking your question below or in our facebook group.
Certified Clinical Aromatherapist and author of Essential Oil Profiles
p.s. This post may contain affiliate links. This doesn't cost you any more, and helps to support more great content. Thank you!
“I love wearing nylons” said no woman ever.
That is, unless, they prefer nylons over spidery legs!
Let's face it…summer is around the corner. Why wait until it's time for shorts or cute skirts before working on those lovely legs? (shaving also helps)
Of course if you don't have any varicose veins…or spider veins…and your legs are perfect…no need to read further.
You're still here? Thought so!
This recipe was created purely based on the essential oils which contain the best therapeutic properties – phlebotonics (phlee-bow-tonics). Fortunately, it also smells amazing!
This is a 2% dilution according to my dilution chart over on Diluting Essential Oils Safely.
Essential Oils for Varicose Veins and Spider Veins – a phlebotonic recipe “Lovely Legs”
- 9 drops Cypress Cupressus sempervirens
- 5 drops Bergamot Citrus bergamia, Citrus aurantium
- 5 drops Geranium Pelargonium graveolens, Pelargonium x asperum OR use Clary Sage Salvia sclarea
- 3 drops Grapefruit Citrus paradisi
- 3 drops Tangerine Citrus reticulata, Citrus nobilis, Citrus tangerine
- 3 drops Helichrysum Helichrusym italicum, Helichrysum angustifolium, Helichrysum stoechas
- 2 drops Frankincense Boswellia frereana, Boswellia hildebrandtii
- 2.5 ounces jojoba oil I use this one.
This makes a 2% dilution.
- Add the essential oils to an empty 2.5 ounce lotion pump bottle like these, but you can also use the ones with a lotion cap like these 2 oz HDPE bottles with lotion cap – you will just have to make a bit less product (find conversions below).
- Add the jojoba.
- Shake well before using to be sure the essential oils are evenly distributed. Or use a glass stirring rod to stir.
INFORMATION BOX FOR THIS RECIPE...
You can use Clary Sage instead of Geranium (as shown). You can use Lemon instead of Grapefruit. You can use Mandarin or Neroli instead of Tangerine. You can use Copaiba instead of Helichrysum. You can use Myrrh (not pregnancy safe) instead of Frankincense.
Lotion pump bottles can be found on amazon. I like these cobalt blue glass bottles from amazon.
2 ounce HDPE bottles with lotion cap I get from amazon.
Glass stirring rods I get from amazon.
My opinion on brands can be found here.
Craving more knowledge? Learn the benefits of essential oils and what you can use them for, as well as important safety information for the essential oils you use. Available in print book (while supplies last), ebook, and app formats by clicking here, or the image below.