Acne can be a real issue no matter what your age. Following is a collection of tips and recipes which will give you some help in getting clear, smooth skin. Please see our Skin Care page for more info as much of the info there will also be helpful for acne prone skin.
Acne Blend from Aromahead
You can make this in a 1 oz (30 ml) flip top bottle:
* 1 oz (30 ml) Aloe vera gel (Aloe barbadensis)
* 5 drops Patchouli (Pogostemom cablin)
* 5 drops Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
* 3 drops Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia)
* 2 drops Lemon (Citrus limon)
To use this blend, get a drop on a cotton swab and dab it gently on the acne. (It’s not meant as a whole-face wash.)
Give it a test run by dabbing it on a few spots for several days and seeing how the skin reacts. If the change is positive, go ahead and dab it on the rest of the acne.
- The Acne Wash Blend will kill bacteria, heal skin eruptions and balance skin’s sebum.
Treatment: In a 4 oz PET plastic bottle combine the essential oils and shake to blend. Then add geranium hydrolate and liquid soap, shake to combine. Cleanse face with small amount and rinse well.
- This is a great face wash for Acne Prone Skin
- For some additional acne recipes you can join our Using Essential Oils Safely Facebook Group to access a pdf file about Acne & EOs which was shared by a member.
Acne & EOs File
Lea Harris is a Certified Clinical Aromatherapist Scholar's Program graduate from Aromahead Institute. This website, and its sister website, LearningAboutEOs, is home to educational advice and information about using essential oils safely. Lea founded and runs the Using Essential Oils Safely facebook group, with hundreds of new members joining each week. Lea is the author of The TRUTH About Essential Oil Safety, and the creator of Safe Essential Oil Labels and the UEOS App. You can find FREE classes here: Free Essential Oil Classes.
Lea received her herbalist certification through The Herbal Academy of New England. Lea is a contributing writer for Natural Herbal Living magazine, and blogs about herbs and natural living on her website, Nourishing Treasures.
Lea is Professional level member of the Alliance of International Aromatherapists.
Businesses, groups, and individuals can hire Lea to consult on safety, product formulation, and more on her website Lea Harris CCA.